I-95 (Connecticut Turnpike)
Route 15 (Merritt Parkway/Wilbur Cross Parkway)
- New Canaan
- North Haven
- Montville (Southbound only)
|Police, Fire, Emergency
|Yale-New Haven Hospital – 20 York St.
||Emergency Department (Adult) 203-688-2222
Emergency Department (Pediatric) 203-688-3333
Yale-New Haven Hospital Referral Line 203-688-2000
Smilow Cancer Hospital 203-688-4242
|Yale-New Haven Hospital – St. Raphael’s Campus
||Emergency Services 203-789-3464
Patient Information 203-789-3475 or 203-789-3400
|Veteran’s Hospital – West Haven Campus
|Midstate Medical Center
- Albertus Magnus College 203-773-8550 or 800-578-9160
- Gateway Community College 800-390-7723
- Middlesex Community College 860-343-5800
- Paier College of Art 203-287-3031
- Quinnipiac University 203-582-8200
- Southern Connecticut State University 203-392-SCSU or 888-500-SCSU
- University of New Haven 203-932-7000 or 800-DIAL-UNH
- Yale University Directory Assistance 203-432-4771
Cell Phone Usage in Motor Vehicles
Effective October 1, 2005 Connecticut law requires drivers 18 years of age and older to use hands-free accessories to legally use a cell phone or mobile electronic device while operating a motor vehicle. Under the law, drivers 16 or 17 years of age are prohibited from using any mobile telephone, including phones with hands-free accessories, while driving.
Liquor Laws The legal drinking age in Connecticut is twenty-one.
Seat Belts and Child Restraint Systems Effective October 1, 2005. (1) child restraint system use requirements will extend to children under age seven or who weigh less than 60 pounds, regardless of age; (2) require any child under age one or weighing less than 20 pounds to be transported in a rear-facing position in his child restraint system; and (3) require children restrained in booster seats to be anchored by a seat belt that includes a shoulder belt.