One of New Haven’s oldest structures, the property descended in one family through seven generations. The original 1671 house was burned during the 1779 invasion and reconstructed in 1780. Open seasonally, 12-4 pm on Sundays until the last Sunday in August. Admission is free.
A harbinger of summer on the Connecticut coastline, the annual opening of the historic Pardee-Morris House (PMH) will take place on Sunday, June 5, 2022, at noon. A flag-raising and commemorative ceremony by colonial reenactors from the 5th Connecticut Regiment will be held at 1 p.m., followed by a reading and discussion with Colleen Marie Olinski, author of the children’s book, “A Wolf Named Elvis” at 2 p.m. The historic house will be open for free tours from noon to 4 p.m.
Lighthouse Rd, New Haven, CT 06512, USA